Hii my beauties 💋 !!
Today’s post is about the tricks I use to keep my makeup intact throughout all the dancing and sweating during Navratri.
For those who don’t know, Navratri is a 9 day festival during which we adore a Goddess of ours by dancing around Her statue. And let me tell you, it’s A LOT of dancing, we dance for hours, which means a lot of sweating, so making makeup last during all this can be hard, and it’s not just for Navratri, even for a wedding or a party.
So, I did some research and tested it on myself, because it can vary on skin types, and ended up with a formula that works perfectly on myself.
So what I do is, after washing my face I:
- Apply lotion and let that be absorbed by my skin;
- Apply a pore minimizing primer, just to fill in my pores;
- Apply a spritz of Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, just so it creates a long lasting base for my makeup to sit on;
- Apply foundation, concealer, LOTS of setting powder, a spritz of MAC Fix+ and dab it all in with my beauty blender;
- Apply the rest of my base products;
- And finalize it with a spritz of MAC Fix+ followed by another spritz of Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.
I know that is a lot of setting spray but, for Navratri, you definitely need that much. This combination works perfectly on my skin type, which is oily to combination, and my makeup looks just as good as when I first applied it (I shared the before and after on my Instragram Stories).
For this look in particular, I used:
- Primer: Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rose Water
- Foundation: NYX Cosmetics, Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Foundation in Natural Tan
- Concealer: KKW Beauty Liquid Concealer in the shade 6
- Setting powder: KKW Beauty Baking Powder in the shade 2 + KKW Beauty Brightening Powder in the shade 3
- Contour: Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder in Medium
- Bronzer: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer
- Blush: Benefit Boxed Blush in Galifornia
- Highlighter: Jouer Cosmetics Powder Highlighter in Citrine
- Lips: Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Lolita II
- Eyebrows: NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Black
- Eyeshadow primer: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
- Eyeshadow: Make-Up Geek Eyeshadow Pan in Cremebrulee
- Eyeliner: The Quick Flick Modest 10mm in Intense Black + Maybelline The Colossal Kajal Superblack
- Mascara: L’Oréal Miss Baby Roll Mascara + ColourPop BFF Mascara in Black on Black
And this is how I assure my makeup looks created this makeup look and
Let me know if you liked this post by giving it a like 👍.
Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel for more posts and videos 😀.