Hii my beauties 💋 !!
The most awaited beauty event of Maputo and Mozambique happened this past weekend, where it gathered all Mozambican beauty junkies, national and international makeup artists, beauty related services providers and a lots more.
I was honored to be invited by the lovely Candice (The Makeup Company) to be a part of this epicness. I, myself, got to chat with so many creators, exhibitors and people that love my work, so it was definitely an especial and unique experience for me.
And here is a little video that I created, with bits of the event that I captured.
Now let me explain in details what presentations and exhibitions took place, this was a two day even with the following SCHEDULE:
|· Introductory words by the infamous Mozambique Stylist, Taibo Bacar;
· Masterclass by The Makeup Company (Candice);
· Drag Performance;
· Exhibitions viewing.
|· DMK Skincare Presentation by Innova Skincare;
· Beauty Blogger Presentation;
· Drag makeup tutorial;
· Dr. Matheo presentation;
· Kohl Makeup Academy presentation;
· Local Makeup Artists Competition;
· Prosthetic Makeup demonstration;
· Mish Lee Presentation.
With every Trade Show, this one also had GOODIE BAGS, and we got them on the first day, the day of the Masterclass, it had:
- A Lip Gloss by Inglot;
- A Blush by Boticário;
- And lots of Coupons for every single exhibitor that was present there (WHICH IS SO COOL! I CANNOT WAIT TO TRY OUT ALL THOSE SERVICES).
The who’s who of Mozambican Beauty community was there and here the full list of EXHIBITORS and PARTNERS:
Candice, on her MASTERCLASS created a wearable smoky eye on her Masterclass that is right about my alley, I absolutely love looks like these, so I couldn’t help myself and recreated this look, by using the products already existing in my collection.
- Primer: Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rose Water
- Foundation: NYX Cosmetics, Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Foundation in Natural Tan
- Concealer: KKW Beauty Liquid Concealer in the shade 6
- Setting powder: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
- Contour: Laura Mercier Flawless Contouring Palette
- Bronzer: Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- Blush: MAC Mineralize Blush in the shade Dainty
- Highlighter: Anastacia Beverly Hills x Amrezy
- Lipliner: Palladio Herbal Lip Liner in Naked
- Lipstick: MAC Please Me, in Matte Finish
- Eyebrows: NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Black
- Eyeshadow primer: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
- Eyeshadows: BPerfect, Carnival Palette
- Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black
I have to acknowledge what The Makeup Company (TMC) did here, this was a major thing to pull off, and I applaud her for that, gathering all beauty community was definitely not an easy task, believe me, and it was an EXPERIENCE that the ones who participated know how special and important it was, just like Taibo Bacar said ‘we will be honored to say that we were in the 1st ever TMC Trade Show’, it was a monumental moment in the Mozambican beauty community, for sure.
Now, because it was the first event of this nature, I will not talk about numbers and logistics, it was the first one so it was expected that people would be skeptical and would want to sit it out just to understand what it is about.
With this event she managed to bring international makeup artists, brands, influencers and even drag queens (which I am kinda obsessed with), I learned a lot from each and every one of them, and I think that everyone that was present at this event also did.
Overall I would say that this was a very important and necessary event for the Mozambican beauty community, and this is not a bias review, I just want to show the bigger picture and help everyone understand how important this event was and is to pave its path for the beauty community in Mozambique.
I absolutely loved this Trade Show and with this post I would like to thank Candice in behalf of the beauty community for making this happen for us, and I cannot wait for the second edition!
Let me know if you liked this post by giving it a like 👍.
Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel for more posts and videos 😀.