Hii my beauties 💋 !!
Today we’ll talk about foundations. Because foundation is one of the most important product on your makeup routine, it deserves its own spotlight.
I’ll be honest, before buying any foundation I do my full research on it, because I don’t want to buy a dud product (even though that has happened before). These ones have great reviews on them and they worked really well for me.
For reference I have oily to combination skin.
I’ve narrowed it down to my top 6 foundations, 3 inexpensive/drugstore and 3 high-end.
Let’s start with the HIGHER END, and my top 3 for this section are:
- NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation, and I wear it in Medium 4 Barcelona. This foundation is absolutely beautiful, it has a satin finish, medium to full coverage and it is definitely longwearing. I love wearing this foundation for special events. It looks, wears and photographs beautifully.
- MAC Matchmaster, and I wear it in the shade 5.0. This was my very first, high end, foundation and I’ve loved it ever since. Just like everyone else, I wanted a MAC foundation that will go beautifully with my skin type, and after much research and talking to few MAC helpers I decided to go with this one, it definitely oxidizes, so wait a bit before you decide on a shade, but otherwise it’s full to medium coverage, satin finish and longwearing.
- Estee Lauder, Double Wear Foundation, and I wear it in the shade 2W2 Rattan. If you don’t know this foundation by now, let me introduce you to (one of) the best foundation for oily skin type. OMG! This foundation was a game changer for me. It changed how I felt about foundations and what I looked for in a foundation. It’s absolute perfection! It’s full coverage, long wearing and it has a satin finish as well.
And for the INEXPENSIVE/ DRUGSTORE range my top 3 are:
- The Ordinary Serum Foundation, I wear it in the shade 2.1Y Medium. I added this foundation to my collection last year, I’ve heard good things about it, unfortunately couldn’t get it Mozambique so had to order it from the UK. And when I got it, and started testing it out, I was surprised, pleasantly surprised. It has a very thin, watery consistency but it has medium coverage and matte finish. I love this foundations for those days that I am not so keen on wearing heavy duty makeup, it feels incredibly light on my skin and lasts a really long time. Love it!
- LA Girl PRO Coverage HD Longwear Illuminating Foundation, I wear it in the shade Warm Beige. WOW, it’s what I said when I started wearing and testing this foundation. It had a high-end kind of formula, it applies beautifully on my skin, lasts a really long time and it has medium to full coverage. It does oxidize a bit, so be careful of that when buying it. But it’s a very beautiful foundation, and really affordable.
- L’Óreal Infallible 24h-Matte, I wear it in the shade Golden Beige. This is the most popular, medium to full coverage and long-lasting foundation. Well I don’t have a lot to say about it, because everyone knows that this foundation is DA BOMB! But I had an interesting experience with it, which I must share. When I applied it for the first time, with a brush, it applied HORRIBLY, oh my GOD I hated it, and I didn’t use it for a while. One day I saw it and thought of giving it another go, but this time with a beauty blender, and have not stopped using it ever since. I tried it with the same brush again, and it still applied beautifully. I am not sure till date what happened and why it didn’t apply well the first time, but I think that the foundation needed to sit a bit before applying it.
Have you tried this foundation? What was your experience like with it? Let me know below.
Hope you enjoyed these mini reviews on my top6 foundations.
Give this post a like, if you enjoyed reading it 👍.
Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel for more posts and videos 😀.