Hii my beauties 💋 💋 !!
Everyone in the beauty world has heard of the Makeup Geek single shadows, and if you don’t I am here to share with you my thoughts on them
Makeup Geek is a company owned by a youtuber called Marlena. She started her beauty company from single shadows all the way to the lipsticks, bronzers and highlighters.
These single shadows is what started the craze for this brand, and today I will be reviewing few of them for you guys.
- Brand:Make-Up Geek
- Range:129 eyeshadows with finishes such as foiled, matte, duo chrome and so on
- Content:Each eyeshadow pan has 1.8gr/ 0.064oz
- Shades: Cremebrulee, Bitten, Preppy and Secret Garden
WHERE TO PURCHASE? AND HOW MUCH?
You can buy it from the Makeup Geek website for $6, but I got mine from the UK’s Beauty Bay website for £ 4.95 each. You can also buy it from individual retailer, but as I always say, you should always make sure that they are selling the original one and not the copy.
‘These are all highly-pigmented. Half the price of high end shadowswithout sacrificing quality. These pans can be placed in empty palettes such as Z-Palettes, you can build your own custom palettes. All our shadows are cruelty-free, we do not test our products on animals. We ship worldwide at affordable rates.’
- Cremebrulee – medium warm tone sand brown with matte finish (Vegan)
- Preppy – Matte khaki brown (Vegan)
- Bitten – Maroon with a matte finish (Not vegan)
- Duo Chrome in Secret Garden – Deep brown base with bright teal reflects (Not vegan)
PROs & CONs
- These shadows are very pigmented and are super blendable;
- I find these reasonably priced;
- The shadows are long lasting;
- They have medium to full opacity;
- You can see that the shadows are really good quality;
- Some of the shadows are vegan and all of them are paraben and cruelty free.
- If you are living here in Mozambique, like me, it’s quite hard to get your hands onto these eyeshadows, but they do offer international shipping, but it’s mail service and most of the times it doesn’t reach;
- Sometimes I forget to use them because these are in a Z Palette.
I really enjoy using these shadows, but I am being perfectly honest I would say I sometimes forget to use these shadows. And it happens a lot with single shadows, most of the times I go for a readymade palette and not for single shadows. And that is the reason why I do not use them as much as I should. But they are really good, especially creemebrule, it’s the perfect warm tone transition shade.
RATING: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ / ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Give this post a like, if you enjoyed reading it 👍.
Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel for more posts and videos 😀.