Hii my beauties 💋 💋 !!
It feels good to be back to actual blogging! I’ve been blogging through Instagram and, to be honest, it doesn’t feel the same way as blogging through my actual blog.
Today I will be talking about MAC Lipsticks, the finishes they have, how I find them, which ones I like the most, prices, and so on.
So let’s get to it!
TYPES OF LIPSTICKS
MAC has different lip products from lipsticks, to liquid lipsticks, to glosses and so on. But today I will be talking about the REGULAR LIPSTICKS.
They come in an array of finishes and shades. These lipsticks come in a (very expensive and heavy feeling) plastic packaging with 3 gr/0.1 oz of product in it. The regular ones are black and silver, but they also have different packaging for the special edition ones (Collabs and Viva La Glam ones).
MAC has 250+ different shades in their whole collection. That’s a lot of options that you can choose from!!! And they have light and sweet vanilla scent (which I love!).
They come in the following finishes:
- Glaze – Very sheer almost like a thin gloss.
- Lustre – A bit more opaque than the Glaze finish, but still sheer.
- Creemsheen – Less sheer than the Lustre, so you can see a bit more color on this finish and it’s moisturizing.
- Frost – Medium coverage and frost like shimmer.
- Amplified – Very pigmented and moisturizing.
- Satin – Very pigmented, long wearing, opaque and it is slightly drier than the Amplified finish.
- Matte – Very pigmented, long wearing and a bit drying.
- Retro matte – Very pigmented and flat looking, very drying and can crumble up when layered.
WHERE TO SHOP AND HOW MUCH THEY COST
You can buy then in any MAC store or makeup selling store that carries the brand (but you have to be careful with the fake ones).
I buy mine at Nelspruit (South Africa) in a MAC Store, in the Riverside Mall and for my readers in Maputo (Mozambique), you can get few shades at the Rapha Lapha store in Polana Casino.
At a MAC store, the regular ones, cost 210 ZAR (about $17.5). They are quite expensive, more on the higher end side of make-up, but they are a classic and really good, for me they are definitely worth the price.
SO, WHICH ONE IS MY FAVORITE?
My favorite finish from all of those is the Satin one, it’s very opaque, lasts quite a long time without being drying.
For every day I do go for MAC lipstick, instead of liquid lipsticks. They are very comfortable and last quite a long time.
And my go to shades are Brave, Twig and Spirit.
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it a little more helpful for when you buy your next MAC lipstick.
Hit the like button for more posts like this 👍.
Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to my blog for more posts and videos 😀.