Hii my beauties !!
Today is all about eyeshadow primers!
To be honest until two years ago I didn’t even know what an eyeshadow primer was and how important it could be for an eyeshadow application!
And I believe most of us, that are not super into make-up, still don’t know what this all about, and maybe it’s just considered an extra step that can be avoided.
First of all let’s start by defining eyeshadow primer!
An eyeshadow primer is a cosmetic item that is used on the eyelids,
as a base, to help with the application of the eyeshadow,
making it go on smoother, help it last longer
and help it not crease up.
If you have oily eyelids, eyeshadow primer will be your savior!
You might have noticed that when you apply your eyeshadow, without any eyeshadow primer, after 1 or 2 hours the eyeshadow will start creasing and fading away. Eyeshadow primer will help this not happen.
And if you have dry eyelids you can get away with wearing a long wearing concealer as eyeshadow primer (you can definitely use MAC Pro-Longwear).
So what exactly are the main uses of an eyeshadow primer, you might ask.
Applying eyeshadow primer before can help you with:
- Achieving a smoother canvas for your eyeshadow application. It will make applying eyeshadow easier and even if you add more shades to the look it will still remain super blendable;
- Makes eyeshadow more vibrant! Eyeshadow primers will help intensify the color of your eyeshadow. The color that will show up on the lid will be truer to pan. The primer will help neutralize the actual eyelid color and bring up the eyeshadow shade.
- Helps eyeshadow last all day. Because it will prevent the natural oils from the skin penetrate to the eyeshadow, it works as a barrier.
My top three eyeshadow primers are:
- Mac Paint Pot in Painterly;
- Urban Decay Primer Potion;
- Catrice Prime and Fine eyeshadow base.
These are the ones I like the most, and totally recommend to you guys.
From now on, don’t forget your eyeshadow primer!!
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Hit the like button for more posts like this.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog and to my YouTube channel for more posts and videos 😀
Have a great day!
See you Tuesday !!
– Dii –
Follow me on my other social media accounts: