Hii my beauties !!
How have you been? I have been great 😀
So, today it’s all about being smart and cautious with your beauty!
Sometimes whilst buying make-up or any beauty product we don’t read the ingredients in the back so we don’t exactly know what’s really going into our skin. I didn’t used to read it too, but after researching a bit more about make-up ingredients and what can be harmful to the skin and what not I’ve started paying more attention to this part too.
Any beauty product that we apply to our face and body will end up being absorved by our skin and it will be in our system!
I will tell which are some of the ingredients you should avoid in make-up and why.
- Hydroquinone:It is often used for skin depigmentation/skin whitening. It’s a bleach like product that can harm the skin, and it’s often linked to tumors, cancer and reproductive toxicity.
- Parabens, also known as Methylparaben, Propylparaben, IIsoparaben, Butylparaben: This ingredient is used as a preservative. It will help the products last longer, is commonly found in beauty products. This ingredient is harmful and its prolonged use is linked to cancer, endocrine disruption and reproductive toxicity.
- Mineral oil: It’s an ingredient that is a distillate of petroleum and it is used in baby oil, moisturizers, styling gels. It creates a film that clogs the pores and impairs the skin’s ability to release toxins.
- Sodium lauryl (ether) sulfate (SLS, SLES): This ingredient helps the product foam it is found in cleansers, face and body wash. It is a former industrial degreaser. This ingredient will be absorbed into the body and can end up irritating the skin.
- Phthalates/Plasticizers: It is and ingredient that is added to plastics to increase its durability and flexibility and it’s present in many fragrances, perfumes, deodorants, lotions. And many times it’s linked to endocrine disruption, liver/kidney/lung damage, cancer.
- Talcum: It is a mineral that is made by magnesium, silicon, and oxygen. It is a powder that will help absorve the moisture from the skin in order to reduce friction and avoid rashes. It is found in all types of powders such as baby powder, eye shadow, blush, deodorant. It is often linked to ovarian cancer and respiratory problems.
All of this looks bad right? I know, I felt the same way too! But from now on you can be a bit more careful and choose your beauty products wisely.
Hope this was helpful to you guys!!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel and to my blog to receive notifications every time I post !!
Have a great day!
See you Sunday !!
– Dii –