Hii my beautiess !!
Today I’m going to give you the 101 on the method know as baking/cooking to set the under eye area or even the area under the contour.
First of all let’s get our facts checked, this method has been used in the drag community for years, where the drags have been practicing it make their faces basically bullet proof against all the sweat that will go through during their performances, so their makeup stays intact and now it has been brought to the beauty bloggers world.
This method consists on letting translucent powder sit on your face
for few minutes, which allows the heat from your face
set the concealer, and then dusting it off,
leaving you with a creaseless,
high coverage and
I will share with you the step by step to bake your face.
1. First of all hydrate your eye area, by applying eye cream around the eye area this will reduce the appearance of creases or fine lines.
2. Then apply concealer under the eyes, just to conceal any scars, pigmentation or anything that need coverage, and make sure that everything is well covered. You should always apply it in an upside down triangle position, all the way from the inner corner of the eye to the temples and then until the end of the nose. And blend it away with a damp beauty blender or a brush.
3. Set the concealer with translucent powder with a fluffy brush. Just so the concealer is well set before baking it.
4. Now it’s the time “bake” the makeup,using a sponge damped in any sort of fixing or refreshing spray such as the MAC’s Fix+.
After the sponge is damped, you should pick up translucent powder with it and apply a generous amount of it under the eyes.
I know it looks a lot but let it sit for 6 to 10 min on the under eye area.
5. Dust the powder off,by using the same fluffy brush.
6. And make sure you pick up a bit more powder to apply over the area it just to blend away the harsh lines.
7. AND VOILÁ!!
And now you are ready to do some baking on your face 😀 !
You can also do this baking method under your contour to give a sharper defined contour. I usually do it when, when I do the full glam.
Hope this was helpful to you guys !!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel and to my blog to receive notifications every time I post !!