Hii my beauties 😀 !!!
How is your week going so far? Hope it’s going great!
I live in Mozambique, here in the south hemisphere is winter season right now. And with winter there is the usual change of the skin care routine. But while adjusting to the new weather there are some things that we should keep in mind in order to make the transition easier for our skin.
So, today I will share with you guys some skin care tips for this winter season. So you should keep in mind to:
1. Avoid HOT water! I know, there is nothing better than the warmth of a hot shower but the hot water can actually dry your skin out! So don’t use hot water whilst showering, go for the warm water, it’s better for your skin :-D!
2. Drink lots of water, I know on the Winter time we don’t feel as thirsty but believe me our skin needs all the water it can get so the moisture of it remains. So, if you don’t drink as much water as you should, keep a water bottle near you all the time, every time you see it you will feel like drinking it!
3. Not forget the SPF, even on winter you need to have that SPF on! Because the UVA and UVB rays still come through and we all know that it can damage the skin. So let’s not risk it and apply products with SPF in it! Your skin will thank you for it, trust me! 😀
4. Use Oil based moisturizers. As our skin feels dry throughout the winter, oil based moisturizers can help retain the moisture for a longer period of time. But if you are oily skinned like me, and if your skincare products are not oily enough add some face oil drops into your lotion and that should give you enough moisture to your skin.
5. Exfoliate, exfoliate and exfoliate!!!! YES!!! Exfoliating on this winter season is a must because of the built up dry skin. You should exfoliate at least twice a week. And if you use an oil based exfoliator it will be even better. (Damn, I used the exfoliate word so many times LOL).
6. Avoid Acne Treatments! Acne treatments can be very drying to the skin, and doing them during the winter season can dry out your skin even more. Go for less harsh of products during the winter time. Keep it simple!
7. Always wear Chap Stick/Lip Balm even under the lipstick. Lips are one of the first body part to feel really dry during this season because of the dry air. So make sure you always have a chap stick by your side even wear it under your lipsticks so your lips don’t feel dry (and don’t forget to exfoliate your lips as well, it’s a must!!!!).
So these are the main things that you should pay attention to throughout this winter season!
Hope these tips were helpful to you guys!!
What are your tips for this season? Let me know!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel and to my blog to receive notifications every time I post !!