Hiii everyonee !!
Since yesterday was New Year in Hindu calendar, I just had to share my yesterday’s look with you all.
Yesterday was a really hot day, so I went with this sleeveless anarkali suit. I bought it on my last trip to India, I bought it at Mumbai. I like his one a lot because of the beautiful embroidery work. And it makes it all colourfull even without the beading an all that.
For accessories I went quite simple, just some silver and colourfull bangles, long red and white faux diamond earrings and a small round bindi. And for shoes I went with my Steve Madden nude sandals, in the style Stecy. All the accessories I bought it in India and the shoes in Johannesburg, South Africa.
This is my complete look for the day.
As you can see I kept everything simple and fresh, so I could go like that for the whole day.
As for make-up, I wanted it to be simple aswell, so I went with a light purple eyeshadow and a nude lip. To achieve this look I used:
- For the FACE:
- Primer: MAC’s Prep+Prime Natural Radiance in Radiante Yellow
- Foundation: MAC’s Matchmaster in the shade 5.0
- Concealer: MAC’s Select Cover-Up in the shade NC35
- Setting powder: Rimmel’s Stay Matte in the shade 004 Sandstorm
- Contour: Smashbox’s Contour Palette
- Blush: Too Faced’s in the shade Perfect Flush
- Highlighter: Too Faced’s Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder Duo
- Fixing/Refreshing Spray: MAC’s Prep+Prime Fix +
- Lipstick: MAC’s Fast Play in Amplified Finish
When I want to achieve a more natural finish to my foundation, instead of the transparent finishing powder I go with a skin coloured powder. And when I feel like my make-up is starting to melt I spray on the refreshing spray and when it completely dries off it makes the make-up look fresh as new again.
2. For the EYES:
- Eyebrows: Bh Cosmetics’ Flawless Brow Trio in Dark
- Eyeshadow primer: MAC’s Paint Pot in Painterly
- Eyeshadows: Too Faced’s Chocolate Bar in the shade Candied Violet for the lid and the shade Milk Chocolate as the transition color;
- Liquid eyeliner for the wing: Bh Cosmetics’ BH Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- Mascara: Maybelline’s The One by One Volum’ Express
When going for a minimalist look, I like to go with a light hand of eyeshadow so it only gives a light hint of color. And even when doing something simple as this, it’s very important to have a transition color on the crease so it gives some dimension to the eye.
So this was the make-up look I had on, as you can see it looks quite simple. And easy and quick to achieve, specially for when you don’t have a lot of time in the morning to spend on doing make-up.
My new year was well spent alongside friends and family, very busy but great day.
How did you spend your new year’s day?
Have a safe Friday!