First of all, a very Happy New Year to my Hindu readers.
Yesterday was Diwali, and for all of you who don’t celebrate it and don’t know what I’m talking about, Diwali is the festival of lights and celebrates the victory of light over darkness, knowledge over ignorance, good over evil, hope over despair.
Diwali is the celebration in honor of the return of Lord Rama, his wife Sita and his brother Laskhman from an exile of 14 years, after defeating Ravan. And in honor of their return from Lanka, villagers lighted diya (lamps) to iluminate their path celebrating the triumph of good over evil.
Since the prayer was held at home, I decided not to wear anything too fancy, just an anarkali suit with simple accessories and simple make-up.
For accessories I had some blue and sparkly faux diamond bangles, statement earrings and a round bindi. Lately I’ve been really into these round bindis. They look really pretty specially on round faces. All my accessories I bought these when I was at Mumbai and Diu, India.
For make-up I decided to go for a simple look, and to achieve this I used the following products:
- Eyebrows: Bh Cosmetics’ Flawless Brow Trio in Dark
- Foundadtion to clean the eyebrows: Yardley’s Whipped Matt Mousse Foundation in the shade Medium Beige
- Eyeshadoy for the crease: Urban Decay’s Naked Original in the color Naked
- Liquid eyeliner: Bh Cosmetics’ BH Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- Mascara: Maybelline’s The One by One Volum’ Express
- Lotion: MAC’s Oil Control Lotion
- Foundation: REVLON’s ColorStay in the shade True Beige 006
- Concealer: MAC’s Select Cover-Up in the shade NC35
- Setting powder: MAC’s Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
- Contour: Bh Cosmetics’ Forever Nude, Sculpt & Glow
- Blush: MAC’s in the shade Ambering Rose + MAC’s Mineralize Blush in the shade Dainty
- Highliter: Too Faced’s Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder Duo
- Lipstick: NYX’s Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Milan
And this is the look I created.
Let me know if you liked my look and how did you spend your Diwali.
Happy New Year, and to who is not celebrating have a great Thursday.